A qualified rigger is defined as a qualified person who, by possession of a recognized degree, certificate or professional standing, or who by extensive knowledge, training and experience, successfully demonstrated the ability to solve/resolve problems relating to rigging. This course brings all of the rigging concerns into focus for a practical, field proven method of ensuring rigging safety.
Any Individual of Legal Age, Managers, Supervisors, Foreman, Riggers, Operators
: This program includes technical training and the required examination to meet standards. The course illustrates the proper use and pre-use inspection of rigging gear, slings and below-the-hook lifting devices to ensure those who complete training are competent.
At the end of this course participants will be able to:
• Identify potential hazards associated with the lifting operation
• Implement control measures to address the identified hazards
• Plan the route for lifting and moving the load to minimize any risk to personnel and surroundings
• Ensure the load is accurately assessed for approximate weight, incorporating an adequate safety factor
• Communicate, discuss and ensure understanding of the prepared lifting plan and risk assessment with the lifting team
• Communicate, discuss and agree with appropriate personnel, actions to take related to the lifting operation in the event of an emergency
• Inform the relevant personnel of the lifting operation and identify any potential disruption to operations
• Obtain the resources identified in the lifting plan required to move the load, following relevant rigging loft procedures.
• Ensure the lifting equipment and lifting accessories are free of obvious defects, and certification is current
• Carry out pre-use inspection of lifting equipment and lifting accessories
• Prepare the load according to specified requirements of the lifting plan
• Protect the load from possible damage during the lifting operation
• Attach the lifting accessories to the load using industry best practice
• Determine the center of gravity of a load that has an offset center of gravity
• Install and position the lifting equipment for balanced weight distribution
As Client Request