This course is designed to provide the Crane Operator with the minimum industry training requirements to ensure safe and efficient operations. The course focuses on providing the foundation for meeting compliance requirements of the ASME B30.5-Series safety standard.
Any Individual of Legal Age, Managers, Supervisors, Foreman, Operators
This program includes technical training and the required examination to meet ASME standards. The course illustrates the proper use and pre-use inspection of crane, and below-the-hook lifting devices to ensure those who complete training are competent.
At the end of this course participants will be able to:
• Identify potential hazards associated with the crane operation.
• Implement control measures to address the identified hazards
• Plan the route for lifting and moving the load to minimize any risk to personnel and surroundings
• Ensure the load is accurately assessed for approximate weight, incorporating an adequate safety factor
• Communicate, discuss and ensure understanding of the prepared lifting plan and risk assessment with the lifting team
• Communicate, discuss and agree with appropriate personnel, actions to take related to the lifting operation in the event of an emergency
• Inform the relevant personnel of the lifting operation and identify any potential disruption to operations
• Obtain the resources identified in the lifting plan required to move the load, following relevant rigging loft procedures.
• Ensure the lifting equipment and lifting accessories are free of obvious defects, and certification is current
• Carry out pre-use inspection of lifting equipment and lifting accessories
• Prepare the load according to specified requirements of the lifting plan
• Protect the load from possible damage during the lifting operation
• Attach the lifting accessories to the load using industry best practice
• Determine the center of gravity of a load that has an offset center of gravity
• Install and position the lifting equipment for balanced weight distribution
• Ensure appropriate barriers are installed at appropriate areas.
As Client Request